Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pointless

I do not even pretend to give myself the faintest belief that a single person cares what I am posting in this blog. I think that leads down a long road of vanity that is a problem with many bloggers and writers alike today. Everyone has a false sense that people out there must care that they indulged with the chocolate frosting and whipped cream at starbucks today, or that they are bored of the class or job they are in right now. Twitter has become a hub for this because blogs could only contain the smugness for so long, and because twitter offers a much smaller pallet for writing in, which essentially amounts to nothing more than status updates. Why does anyone care that Susan is at the dentist thinking about her boyfriend or that Tim is at the movies with his friends? It is hard to say. Overall we all fall for this trap of vanity. Deep down we all want to believe that we are more clever than the next person, but in reality there is always a much more clever person. We also like to peer into other peoples lives at an unhealthy rate. It has become human nature to be nosy, and that is sad. Society could be so much more if people decided to only focus on their lives as a means to better society as a whole, but this is an unobtainable dream. We have become addicts to gossip.I wish facebook didn't cater to this, but it is to be expected when you give people the opportunity to upload thousands of pictures they take of themselves in a variety of angles and give them a medium to write their personality into a handful of paragraphs. I'm not saying I've never fallen for this trap, but I am saying that it annoys the hell out of me to see people pester their "so called" friends and the rest of the world with their vain complaints about weight, intellect, and other things of that nature.(so called refers to the ridiculous concept that people believe that everyone they are friends with on social networking sites are actually their friends and care about what they are thinking or feel. This is highly unlikely, and it is more likely that only 40-60% of people on said friends lists care about you.) To sum up the only purpose for this blog is for my own "vain" if you will purposes. I merely want to keep myself writing daily to stay in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment